Mp3 Editing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi All

I?m about to switch to a Mac after many years on the PC.

I?m trying to find an MP3 editing application for the Mac for simple tasks as splitting and joining MP3 files.

On the PC I use MP3 Surgeon; does anyone know if there is an equivalent application I could use on the Mac?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quicktime Pro will do that... $29 for a key-code from Apple to unlock the Pro features.

There's also several free shareware apps.... do a search for "MP3 editing" on versiontracker.com
  • Reply 2 of 7
    miggs97miggs97 Posts: 87member
    'Audacity' is a wicked little app for audio editing.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15063
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by miggs97

'Audacity' is a wicked little app for audio editing.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15063

One note of warning about Audacity though. After I installed this, all my Flash and Quicktime audio stopped playing. Video was fine, just no audio. After checking the forums I found others had similar problems by downloading 3rd party software like this. Since this was the only software I downloaded to my new Mac, I blamed Audacity. All suggestions about downloading the latest version of Flash etc., didn't work. Then I found a post that said to startup Garage Band to get it to work again and that's exactly what did it.

Anyone know why this would have happened and why starting up Garage Band would fix it?

-DJ
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by dac0nvu

One note of warning about Audacity though. After I installed this, all my Flash and Quicktime audio stopped playing. Video was fine, just no audio. After checking the forums I found others had similar problems by downloading 3rd party software like this. Since this was the only software I downloaded to my new Mac, I blamed Audacity. All suggestions about downloading the latest version of Flash etc., didn't work. Then I found a post that said to startup Garage Band to get it to work again and that's exactly what did it.

I have that problem on my Mac Mini. I couldn't track it down as I was sharing the computer with my roommate (never a good idea). How did Garage Band fix the problem?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by miggs97

I have that problem on my Mac Mini. I couldn't track it down as I was sharing the computer with my roommate (never a good idea). How did Garage Band fix the problem?

That's what I'd like to know. All I did was start it up and then shut it down and voila! All my Flash and Quicktime audio was back.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by dac0nvu

That's what I'd like to know. All I did was start it up and then shut it down and voila! All my Flash and Quicktime audio was back.

Well I'll try that after work. Thanks!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    I use MP3 trimmer. It doesn't re-encode your MP3s while splitting and joining.