Logic Pro 8. Anyone hear of any mumblings? Can it be expected soon?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am not sure what to do. I have Logic Pro 6. I want to upgrade but I am afraid of upgrading to Logic 7 if Logic 8 is just about to come out because I than would be able to just bypass Logic 7 and get eight for the same upgrade price as buying 7 right now. I am afraid of getting screwed into buying Logic 7 only to have 8 come out within the next 3 months or so. That happened when I upgraded to 6 from 5. Logic 7 came out one month later. I could have spent the same $300 bucks and just got 7. Arg.

I've heard a few things:

I heard that the emagic team is mad at Apple and that is really dragging along the progress of their next major release. If true, that could be why Logic is only at update 7.2 (meaning there could be a 7.3, 7.4, and a 7.5 before we ever see a Logic eight).

How long has each incarnation of Logic been available before the next version was unvailed?

Aren't we seriously overdue for an update? What do you guys think?

If I recall correctly, Emagic ran with version 4 for a long time. I suppose it was a flagship kind of advancement from version 3. Does Logic Pro 7 have this same kind of stroke? Do you think it will be ran with for a while? I mean, they did already release the Universal Intel version, so it's not like that will be included in some big, new release this fall.

Also, the only Logic representation at NAMM was the intel Universal version. Does that mean anything? Does apple ever give that kind of peak at an upcoming Logic version at NAMM?

I figure someone must have heard something! Or there should at least be some reasonable speculation. Thanks!!! I'm not rich!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Well summer NAMM is going on right now and there's no LP8. My guess is we see a substantial upgrade for Winter NAMM 2007.

LP7 is pretty down powerful and Apple's getting the UB kinks out now. Normally they don't take so long between large updates but there may be some serious plumbing that is being modified.