So I started a web company...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My friend and I started a web site called bagunk.com

We're wondering how to successfully launch the site and draw users to the site.

Does anyone have an experience with this?

What do you recommend as far as advertising the site and promoting it? How do you draw users to your sites?

Also, please give us some feedback on the site- what do you like and what don't you like? What would you like to see in the future?

Peace

-taco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    I must not get out much. I had no idea flash games were so advanced...Just played Metal Slug for a bit...damn, I think it's better than the arcade equivalent I used to play.

if you offer content, they will come.

edit:

dislikes: The "bagunk charts" ie; links to the games..is not so well defined. Not immediately apparent those are links to actual games. At first glance, it appears to me the links are just to reviews. Overall, the site colors and layout seem a little flat.... not "fun."
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by user23

I must not get out much. I had no idea flash games were so advanced...Just played Metal Slug for a bit...damn, I think it's better than the arcade equivalent I used to play.

if you offer content, they will come.

edit:

dislikes: The "bagunk charts" ie; links to the games..is not so well defined. Not immediately apparent those are links to actual games. At first glance, it appears to me the links are just to reviews. Overall, the site colors and layout seem a little flat.... not "fun."

Cool thanks for the suggestions- we'll take them into consideration when updating/changing the site!

We're trying to make games more accessible to a wider range of people that aren't used to playing web games. Most of the similar sites are "hard core" and have too many adds and darker colors (i.e. ebaumsworld or whatever) we're trying to be more fun and trying to build a community...