memory recommendations

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey all, I've been searching the forums around here and I can't seem to find the answer I need, so perhaps everyone around here can help me out.

I just purchased a MB and I'm going to upgrade to 2GB of ram and I'm thinking about purchasing from OWC or macsales. I've heard they are pretty good, but I was wondering, should I opt for Techworks ram from OWC or OWC ram? The reason I ask is because the OWC brand ram is "64x8 device based 128x64 Module" whereas the Techworks brand ram is "128x64 Configuration." Does anyone recommend one or the other or perhaps purchase from someone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I have always purchased RAM from RAMJet.com . I have probably bought upwards of 10 or 12 gigs from them over the years and have never had a problem.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I just ordered the OWC branded stuff (for my soon to arrive Macbook) since spec-wise it's the same as the Techworks RAM. The main difference is that with the OWC branded memory they'll do advance replacement if it turns out to be DOA (unlikely though it may be). I've also dealt with them several times during my Mac using lifetime and they've always been a good bunch of people to deal with.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    If the specs are the same look at other features of purchasing from one store from the other such as warranty, location of store, compatibility etc etc. even price.

I purchased my RAM being in Oz I got it here for $119 AUS$ which is quite well priced that's for a 1gb.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jtusjtus Posts: 18member
    I got my ram from Ramjet.com. It tests fine and works great. Price is also very good.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Does anyone know of anywhere i can get apple spec but as cheap as OWC RAM from the UK? Im really stuck to where i can find it as most places either dont have it or it really expensive.

oh its for a macbook, Cheers!