MacBook Experience

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would like to hear from owners of the MacBook with only 512MB of RAM. I know there are many threads about RAM, but I really want to hear from those whom have used it first hand. The reason I want these testimonials (sp?) is because I want to know if 512 is enough for what I'm going to be doing with mine. For instance, how is the preformance with say: iTunes, 3 Safari windows/tabs, a Finder window, and some iChats windows open all at once? I know the common recomendation is to upgrade but I'm not going to be using pro apps or anything taxing very often.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I set up and installed my Mum's 1.83GHz MacBook and have used it for a few hours. It seemed fast enough, noticeably faster than my 1.42GHz Mac mini with 1GB of RAM. Not a fair comparison I know, but it seemed plenty fast to me for day to day tasks.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Apologies in advance for the off-topic post

Quote:

Originally posted by sthiede

testimonials (sp?)

If you are using a nice OS X savvy browser such as Safari, Camino, OmniWeb, Shiira, etc., you should be able to right-click the word to use OS X's built-in spell check. Alternatively, I take a trip to dictionary.com to make sure I'm spelling a word correctly.

In this case, yes, you spelled "testimonials" correctly.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I used mine with 512 for about a day. I'm only using 768 now and it's great. With 512 it was usable, but I'd get the beach ball a few times if I was multitasking w/ rosetta apps.