Sony announces new consumer HD camcorders

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here are the direct links to the product info.

HDR-UX1 and HDR-SR1

HDR-SR1

I like the HDR-SR1 very much. Dedicated Mic and Headphone jacks are back. Longer record times and a return back to some manual controls like the focusing ring. This would be my target. I'm impressed, I thought I'd have to wait longer for HD recording on HDD. It's here in a couple of months. Sweet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Here are the direct links to the product info.

HDR-UX1 and HDR-SR1

HDR-SR1

I like the HDR-SR1 very much. Dedicated Mic and Headphone jacks are back. Longer record times and a return back to some manual controls like the focusing ring. This would be my target. I'm impressed, I thought I'd have to wait longer for HD recording on HDD. It's here in a couple of months. Sweet.

Nice.

Neither article says it has an Active Interface Shoe but I would assume that it does. The available mics that plug into it aren't that great, but I sell an adaptor that adds a physical mount so something like a Videomic can be attached.

Article:

Sony has brought back a dedicated microphone jack and a dedicated headphone jack, two features that can't be found on any Sony conusmer camcorder under $3,000.

Any currently shipping consumer camcorder under $3k. If one is willing to go prosumer or pro, there is one shipping & available for $2k.