Help MacBook Battery!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've removed my MacBook battery for cleaning and now want to put it back in. Do I have to manually turn the screw back from the unlocked padlock sign to the locked padlock sign?! This is so confusing. Should the battery be exactly flush with the MacBook casing?! Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    If it helps the slot should point in the unlocked postion, put the edge of the battery furthest away from the locked/unlock sign in first i.e put it in at an angle then drop (not literally) the other end into the bay and twist the lock to lock the battery in place. Yes it also should be flush with the case.

Ad hominem attacks removed - JL
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisDaMacMan

(Ad hominem attack)

People are sometimes just so... nice...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Where is the need for rudeness? Thanks for your excellent help anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisDaMacMan

No problem, hope it worked. (Bullshit deleted - JL)

Not everybody is a computer genius bro, I dont know how you do it over in Europe, but I try and help others and be polite to them because some of my questions are stupid to others too, but because they are a step above, they are there for me. That's what these forums are for, not for growing your cyber-ego to an incredible size. If you want to do that, go post on the anothersite.co.uk "hot babes" forums.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mr.klawzmr.klawz Posts: 30member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LaEsperanza

Not everybody is a computer genius bro, I dont know how you do it over in Europe, but I try and help others and be polite to them because some of my questions are stupid to others too, but because they are a step above, they are there for me. That's what these forums are for, not for growing your cyber-ego to an incredible size. If you want to do that, go post on the anothersite.co.uk "hot babes" forums.

I agree with you when helping people.

But it is lack of patience and thought, prior to posting that will result in rude behavior.

Like this case, it was a simple common sense procedure, just a reverse from start, or he could have read his manual, or searched google.

But once again, I do agree with helping people whenever possible, because like you said, not everyone is computer literate. So best of luck to the Thread Starter.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.Klawz

But it is lack of patience and thought, prior to posting that will result in rude behavior.

Not in here it won't.

Insults and derisive comments, including "OMG use teh s3arch n00b" advisories, are not acceptable. The original poster was not rude, and any rude replies will be deleted and the posters dealt with accordingly.

Either answer the question or don't post.