Mosquito banner ad

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Get rid of that f'ing thing. Seriously.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Seconded. Not as startling as Tina, but just as annoying.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    Haha, I came here to say the same thing.

I actually don't know if AI has any control over what ads they get.

I'd also like for them to get rid of that Crucial ad with the creepy "person" thinking. Is that a man or a woman? I can't tell. Honestly, drag queens are awesome, just that person in particular quite bothers me.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    rufusswanrufusswan Posts: 132member
    visually and audioly annoying adds are visually and audiolying nadouying turn the damn things off! what totally bad manners. i am going to tell your mamma on you, darn you

turn that annoying stuff off!, PLEASE

It is also very insulting to the majority of intelligent people who come here. If they would put a button on the add so that I could turn off the noise, it would be cool. Call the button "Stop The Buzzing", that would work.

Paz
  • Reply 4 of 28
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    If I see that ad again, I swear I'll track down Kasper's automated slave and free him. Tha should teach AI a lesson.

Gawd that was (*&^*&^%*ing annoying!
  • Reply 5 of 28
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    JUST GET RID OF THAT THING, I WON'T COME BACK

it's also a pain if you open up that page in the library, at work, etc. GET RID OF IT. it's abusing our membership
  • Reply 6 of 28
    nomannoman Posts: 8member
    This is easily the most annoying web ad I have ever seen (edit: I mean heard ). My only options were to turn off Safari plug-ins or not view the forum.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Yuck. This thing sucks.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I agree, this advertiser needs to get stuffed.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Please get rid of the damned thing.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    holly shit..

It is destroying my speakers...

If they fail, I want AI to pay for replacements...
  • Reply 11 of 28
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    You think that's bad, it gave me herpes!
  • Reply 12 of 28
    ensoniqensoniq Posts: 131member
    The ad made me finally download and install PithHelmet. I don't know why I waited so long.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Make it stop. Then find out what company made that damn thing, and make them listen to it for days on end. Bastards.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Yes. Please.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Not only is it an annoying ad, but why is it on every page and most the time at the top and bottom which doubles up the volume of the sound too. Then I usually open new tabs when browsing, which increases the volume further. This is insane.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    resres Posts: 711member
    Please kill the ad, it is drivig me insane (I know, it is a very short drive for me, but still...).
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Please get rid of it, I can't use the site and listen to music at the same time
  • Reply 18 of 28
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    GAAAHHHHH I can't stand it!!!! IT"S DRIVING ME INSANE! IF I SEE THAT MOSQUITO ONE MORE TIME I"M GONNA..................... GAHHH
  • Reply 19 of 28
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    ok that's out of my system.

Now, at least, could someone on AI please give us some feedback about the annoying ad? Why you can't get rid of it, or whatever. Just something to let us know that YOU know it's driving us all mad.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

ok that's out of my system.

Now, at least, could someone on AI please give us some feedback about the annoying ad? Why you can't get rid of it, or whatever. Just something to let us know that YOU know it's driving us all mad.

I have emailed Kasper about this thread.

If someone can please post the URL for the ad, it would be appreciated.