When would the new iPod actually be out?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all,



So I'm in the market for a new iPod, and I know the WWDC starts August 7.



So, what I'd like to know is, do you actually think the new iPod is going to be announced next month?



And, If they do announce a new iPod, when would it actually be out?



Finally, I've been reading about no-touch iPods, bigger screens, longer battery life, and wireless headphones, what do you personally think will be in the 6G iPod?



And finally, so do you think I should wait? I don't want to.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    Answer to all these questions is same as with every computer products, buy today and tomorrow it will be obsolete. If you keep waiting, you never buy anything. Everything you have heard here is just rumors and speculations, only fact is that new iPod is probably coming. I personally think that it will be released to christmas season, but my guess is as good as yours. Of course it will suck if you buy just before new product launch but, it's not that the current iPod is a bad product either.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    adam07adam07 Posts: 42member
    Ok I'm getting it today then. Thanks for the reply.





    Yay I love new, expensive gadgets!
  • Reply 3 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by adam07

    Hey all,



    So I'm in the market for a new iPod, and I know the WWDC starts August 7.



    So, what I'd like to know is, do you actually think the new iPod is going to be announced next month?



    And, If they do announce a new iPod, when would it actually be out?



    Finally, I've been reading about no-touch iPods, bigger screens, longer battery life, and wireless headphones, what do you personally think will be in the 6G iPod?



    And finally, so do you think I should wait? I don't want to.




    Wait for WWDC if nothing is announced then wait some more.



    New Nano's this year > yes

    New Shuffle's this year > yes

    New iPod's this year > yes

    None thouch this year > not so sure

    6G Video this year > not so sure



    Just my opinion of what's likely, that is all.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    WWDC - Not a chance.



    Paris Expo - Maybe.



    Release w/o Event - Possibly.



    There is no way Apple would release an iPod at a DEVELOPER'S CONFERENCE. It just isn't going to happen.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    I'm glad you asked us, because, in fact, we all know precisely when it will be out.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gregmightdothat

    I'm glad you asked us, because, in fact, we all know precisely when it will be out.



    Why do people make comments like this? So you don't think it's possible for us to guesstimate a release date. I think your idea sucks, we don't know so let's not talk about it.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Lust

    WWDC - Not a chance.

    There is no way Apple would release an iPod at a DEVELOPER'S CONFERENCE. It just isn't going to happen.




    We'll see soon enough, but I'd be willing to bet 10 bucks your wrong.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ireland

    We'll see soon enough, but I'd be willing to bet 10 bucks your wrong.



    If I was a developer who paid 2,000$ for developer info, I'd be guite disappointed if they used WWDC spotlight for iPod, which so far has been out of developers reach.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Project2501

    If I was a developer who paid 2,000$ for developer info, I'd be guite disappointed if they used WWDC spotlight for iPod, which so far has been out of developers reach.



    What's ten bucks among friends, anyway you never know with Apple.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ireland

    Why do people make comments like this? So you don't think it's possible for us to guesstimate a release date. I think your idea sucks, we don't know so let's not talk about it.



    Because I enjoy threads that don't repeat the content of 50 other threads that came to the same conclusion?



    Also, this gem:



    Quote:

    The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleInsider is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose, edit (before and after posting), find or research links, and count to a hundred if you're angry. Use it.



  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ireland

    Wait for WWDC if nothing is announced then wait some more.



    New Nano's this year > yes

    New Shuffle's this year > yes

    New iPod's this year > yes

    None thouch this year > not so sure

    6G Video this year > not so sure



    Just my opinion of what's likely, that is all.




    the shuffle, or anything else, could die the ipod mini did! as you say 'anyway you never know with Apple.'



    [QUOTE] Originally posted by gregmightdothat

    I'm glad you asked us, because, in fact, we all know precisely when it will be out.[QUOTE]



    its odd Ireland me dear that you have made a number of your posts look equally prophetic.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    There could be a storage size bump this year, probably to 40 and 80 Gig drives. The real new iPod is probably a little further off, probably next year, maybe in time for Christmas this year.



    As far as the 6G iPod goes, the latest thing on the new one is that it will have an eBook reader function added (Apple has just ordered a publisher to send Apple copies of every book they have, that has to mean something book related so there's probably an iTunes Book Store to go with it.)
  • Reply 13 of 19
    adam07adam07 Posts: 42member
    I got it.



    At first I was freaking out because it refused to transfer photos and gave me an error, but I fixed it.



    I've already ripped The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy to it, good movies.



    I'm looking into the iSkin Claro, it looks like a good protector for it.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:

    Originally posted by adam07

    I got it.



    At first I was freaking out because it refused to transfer photos and gave me an error, but I fixed it.



    I've already ripped The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy to it, good movies.



    I'm looking into the iSkin Claro, it looks like a good protector for it.




    congrats man hope you get plenty of use from your new pod



    the iskin range are VERY good IMO i'd totally recommend them!
  • Reply 15 of 19
    ebolagpebolagp Posts: 28member
    I suspect that Apple will try to overshadow the Zune launch by updating with the much anticipated video iPod (+ other features and/or devices) some time early November. Can't update much sooner than that or risk MSFT expanding their specs to match Apple's. Just my 2 cents.



    \
  • Reply 16 of 19
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland


    We'll see soon enough, but I'd be willing to bet 10 bucks your wrong.



    Ireland, where's my $10? ^_^
  • Reply 17 of 19
    i love it when apple releases new ipods, but it is usually a good idea to buy a "mature" product like the current batch of nanos and ipods with video support. by now, there are a bunch of accessories like cases, itrips and chargers for these specific ipod models.



    what i don't like about new, redesigned ipods: hard to find in stores (shortages), they may exhibit problems (scratches and who knows what else) and lack of accessories (or lack of compatibility with older ones)
  • Reply 18 of 19
    I'm hoping they announce the new nanos soon. I just sold my old iPod to save up for an upgraded MB Pro and upgraded nano. Don't dissapoint Apple.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    I really don't understand why people think that a widescreen iPod is gonna come out anytime soon. It just doesn't make sense to me. For one thing, iTunes Music Store has been selling iPod videos that are at 320x240 pixels which is not a widescreen format.
Sign In or Register to comment.