Apple eBook? >patent

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Reading this story over at Engadget.

"We'd say the possibility is very real, since according to a source at a major publishing house, they were just ordered to archive all their manuscripts -- every single one -- and send them over to Apple's Cupertino HQ. A separate trusted source let us know that the next iPod will have a substantial amount of screen real estate (as we'd all suspected), as well as a book reading mode that pumps up the contrast and drops into monochrome for easy reading."

What do you guys think?

Also the recent Apple patent artice over at Macsimum news suggest it's all true, and a very welcome addition to the 6G iPod. >here<

Quote taken from Macsimum news, from the patent "Further on, the patent goes on to describe a new multiple-page-swipe technology that will allow users to virtually-flip through pages quickly as they naturally do today with a magazine or technical book " Coooool!!

If that link doesn't work you can paste this in your browser: http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/will_apple_challenge_sonys_upcoming_ebook_due_this _summer/ (also you'll have to delete the space between arcive/ + will) Cheers, all!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    I think it's more than possible...

Let Microsoft grab a few headlines with 'Zune' and then Whack! A new iPod at 100mph round the back of the head! And not just any normal iPod... the first generation of iPod 2.0; the portable Mac.

* OLED Screen

* 7 to 10" Screen ( and 8 pounds, See Super Secret Apple Rumors and Patent Diagrams)

* Bluetooth

* Books

* Movies

* Music

* Games

It has all the capabilities of a Portable Mac but as a read only device. The product could further evolve into a fully blown Newton 2.0 and allow you to produce content on these device/s in the future. These would all happen in baby steps. Product evolution.

* Patents on every aspect for far too long now

* New gaming engineers hired last year

* Intel and Apple are Excited about future products (especially in the portable department)

* Apple 'need' to innovate and stay ahead of the competition and make the products Steve wants himself

* Steve hinting that Microsoft need to develop hardware so he can shoot it down in a ball of flames as soon as it's released outta the gate

* Inconsistent rumors surrounding the iPod, Portable Tablet etc...

Would be a huge surprise if Apple unleashed something like this as a 'One More Thing' at WWDC
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dazabrit

I think it's more than possible...

Let Microsoft grab a few headlines with 'Zune' and then Whack! A new iPod at 100mph round the back of the head!

• Reply 3 of 4
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dazabrit

* 7 to 10" Screen ( and 8 pounds, See Super Secret Apple Rumors and ....

I've also been thinking about that statement Steve made... It all looked like a joke, but I was thinking there might have been something behind it.. 8 pounds is less likely, hehe.. but "The next iPod will be HUUGE" might be a lead. A real followup on Newton now? Not directly. They must make it appeal for everyone and not just for tech people and businessmen with a busy agenda.

But if someone is capable of pulling of such a thing as making downloadable books for reading a big thing, then Apple would. In one blow they could crush the whole e-book thing that has slowly been anticipated over the last decade, and just do it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm rooting for this functionality to pop up in a new convertible tablet shortly after the education model.