Possessed Firefox Windows

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
By chance can anyone tell me why from time to time (daily basis) various firefox windows of mine run to the top right corner of my screen and refuse to be placed anywhere else? The only way I can control the window is by maximizing it (or closing the app). Any attempt at dragging results in the window going back to the upper-right corner. I've tried reinstalling/updating firefox to no avail.

cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    no idea. You might move ~/Library/App Support/Firefox/ to ~/Desktop, and see if that resolves the issue, ie: corrupt prefs.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbeard

By chance can anyone tell me why from time to time (daily basis) various firefox windows of mine run to the top right corner of my screen and refuse to be placed anywhere else? The only way I can control the window is by maximizing it (or closing the app). Any attempt at dragging results in the window going back to the upper-right corner. I've tried reinstalling/updating firefox to no avail.

cheers.

I've noticed that, too. Seems to only happen when I move the FF window to the right for a moment....then, if I try to quickly move it back into place - after dragging the window back to the left, suddenly the window is all the way to the right. For me, I just wait a while...then FF finally allows the window to be moved.

<shrug> Life is quirky.