Hangul on MacOS?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know how to display Hangul characters in standard US-English MacOS (9.x or X)? Or even how to have IE display a Hangul font in Korean-language web pages? I've heard of a "Korean Language Kit" from Apple, but it seems to no longer be sold (built into X and discontinued along with 9?). I'm not interested in a Korea-local OS, just the ability to dabble in Hangul and maybe use an online Korean-English dictionary.

Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mfadmfad Posts: 2member
    [quote]Originally posted by Towel:

<strong>Does anyone know how to display Hangul characters in standard US-English MacOS (9.x or X)? Or even how to have IE display a Hangul font in Korean-language web pages? I've heard of a "Korean Language Kit" from Apple, but it seems to no longer be sold (built into X and discontinued along with 9?). I'm not interested in a Korea-local OS, just the ability to dabble in Hangul and maybe use an online Korean-English dictionary.

Any advice?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just install Korean localized files when you install Mac OS 9/X. Or, you can download from Apple's web site and update current system. I'm using Hangul in both writing and reading without a problem.

Cheers,