What I hear

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I hear from 2 dealers the same report. Expect there to be models in the 1.2,1.4 and 1.6 ghz speeds. One says G5 now and the other says G5 with a bus of 333 in the summer. The bus is what would blow the Windows ones away except they still have the great software to make games with ie. Visual C++ and Direct X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    msleemslee Posts: 143member
    Hey, thanks for posting...

its always fun to read these sort of anecdotes.

Could you clear up the diction in the last sentence for me?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    At least this doesn't have "Confirmed" in the subject.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    What or who are these 2 dealers? So one says G5 now and the other says G5 in the summer?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    And what substances are they dealing?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Maybe this could have gone in one of the other zillion threads dedicated to new PowerMacs at MWSF??

J :cool:
  • Reply 6 of 16
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by jamiemarshall:

<strong>Maybe this could have gone in one of the other zillion threads dedicated to new PowerMacs at MWSF??

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm glad it is here so I dont have to wade through it in other discussions...

-Paul
  • Reply 7 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is that I suppose!

J :cool:
  • Reply 8 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

<strong>

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I love about people starting new topics. After a while I get sick of going through old threads and looking for what I haven't read so far.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by armadillo:

<strong>I hear from 2 dealers the same report. Expect there to be models in the 1.2,1.4 and 1.6 ghz speeds. One says G5 now and the other says G5 with a bus of 333 in the summer. The bus is what would blow the Windows ones away except they still have the great software to make games with ie. Visual C++ and Direct X.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Any other information you can provide us? (ie. past sucess in predictions, memory type).

::Hopes for G5::
  • Reply 10 of 16
    i was just in a dealership looking at the G4/733. dealer walked over, said it's a capable machine. step up from imac, but the G5's are coming this year.

then we went over to the TiBook and he told me the new version would be coming "with a combo drive". since that happened about a week ago, should we believe his other little statement....?

nah
  • Reply 11 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]That's what I love about people starting new topics. After a while I get sick of going through old threads and looking for what I haven't read so far.<hr></blockquote>

Come on EmAn, you know you like my 900 reply topic.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    User car dealers?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>

Come on EmAn, you know you like my 900 reply topic. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not 900 yet...
  • Reply 14 of 16

<strong>

Not 900 yet...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bet it's 1k by keynote.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>

Come on EmAn, you know you like my 900 reply topic. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Of course, Fran. I meant all the other ones.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

That's what I love about people starting new topics. After a while I get sick of going through old threads and looking for what I haven't read so far.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what makes WebX (Web Crossing) nice. You just see the latest posts that you haven't read yet by CHECK MESSAGES button/function. Never have to care what board/topic/thread you are on UNLESS YOU WANT TO that is.