New MacBook arrived today

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have upgraded to 2GB ram and am getting ready to upgade the HD (as soon as I figure out if OSX requires any thought to install). So far no overheating probs. It gets warm, but it is actually a lot cooler than my Dell with the 2.4GHz P4M. I am happy being back with Mac!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ppp1182

as soon as I figure out if OSX requires any thought to install

Nope. Completely Newbie-safe and FAST. Even customizing it....
  • Reply 2 of 3
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    ...ing to wait.

Hey I just got mine as well, well it's my wife's actually. She got the black model also upgraded to 2Gb of memory . First thoughts; pretty neat looking machine, it’s lines are clean and the keyboard is defiantly a much needed important over the early iBooks. As for how it runs, this is our first Intel machine that being said I really think there's a lot of work to be done. This machine just isn't stable, first it seems to stall a lot I can't see any patterns it just randomly thinks to much, it runs way to hot, also the DVD program is driving me batty, maybe it's running on Rosette (example of one problem; play a movie, while playing close the cover, it takes forever to recover after reopening it). Now to be fare I didn't play with it that long because it's my wife's new toy not mine. I’ll chime in at a later time with more after I pry it from wife's sleeping hands (I’m going to pull a Indiana Jones).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    I have a black MacBook also and I can't say I have experienced any "stalls". What do you mean by "this machine just isn't stable"? Are you having crashes... lock-ups? do you mean just the stalling. I'm sure iDVD isn't running in Rosetta... but even if it were... there would be more than enough power to play it without a problem. So far as putting the MacBook to sleep while playing a DVD... I've never tried this (on a Mac or any other machine)... that just seems like something that would cause either a problem or significant delay to me. If your computer is playing a DVD... and you put it to sleep, when you wake it back up... it will take some time for the disk to spin back up... and then it has to pick up where it left off. Again, I've never done this... and I'm not sure what you mean by "forever to recover"... 30 seconds... minutes... etc. If you can provide a little more info, we might be able to come up with some ideas.