Is it possible to order my BTO machine to an Apple store instead of my house?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Because I'm a) guessing that it'll get to the Apple Store faster and b) don't want to be taxed to death on it. I know you can do this kind of thing for Best Buy where you order and then pick it up in-store, is this possible with Apple as well?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    b3njb3nj Posts: 70member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Because I'm a) guessing that it'll get to the Apple Store faster and b) don't want to be taxed to death on it. I know you can do this kind of thing for Best Buy where you order and then pick it up in-store, is this possible with Apple as well?

I know you can go to the store (an Apple Centre) and order a BTO mac right there (and get it right away), but then again... I've never been to an Apple Store, only to Apple Centres b/c there are no Apple Stores in the Netherlands
  • Reply 2 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Anybody else?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

If the company you're buying from has a presence (i.e. an Apple store) in the state you live, I'm pretty sure you pay tax. How much faster do you think it will get there? Is it worth driving to the store to pick it up?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Well, the NH Apple store (no tax) is equidistant from the MA Apple store (5% = over $150) from my house.