burning dvd's

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got my MB last week and I'm trying to figure out everything on it still. I was wondering, does the MB come with any DVD burning programs? I know there is iDVD, but I'm not really sure if that is what I am looking for. I'm still not sure on what iDVD actually does, except help you make home DVD's. Are there any programs that you guys recommend to burn/backup DVD's? Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    To burn just any files, you can put the DVD in, drag the files over to the DVD, and then click burn from the Finder. You can also use Disk Utility in your Utilities Folder in Applications. Yeah, iDVD is for home movies made in iMovie. I'm not sure if there's a way to back up movie DVDs from the Finder - most people use Toast. You'll also need to break the copy protection and shrink it if it's dual-layer. Most people use the MacTheRipper and DVD2onex or Toast, which I believe can shrink dual-layer DVDs.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    LiquidCD is free and behaves very much like Toast. http://www.maconnect.ch/index.php?page=liquidcd&lang=en