iPod DS

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple will soon release an add on cart for the Nintendo DS that allows Music from itunes to be played thru the DS.

The software will create a virtual touch wheel on the DS's touch screen .The normal iPod features and menu are displayed on the top screen.

The cartridge will come with a Memory pak thats connected the the DS's GBA port to store the songs. 1GB and 2GB sizes will be available.

$40 for 1gb

$80 for 2gb

It will basicaly turn the DS into a Nano!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tadunne

Apple will soon release an add on cart for the Nintendo DS that allows Music from itunes to be played thru the DS.

The software will create a virtual touch wheel on the DS's touch screen .The normal iPod features and menu are displayed on the top screen.

The cartridge will come with a Memory pak thats connected the the DS's GBA port to store the songs. 1GB and 2GB sizes will be available.

$40 for 1gb

$80 for 2gb

It will basicaly turn the DS into a Nano!

But not really. You've seen the DS correct? It's huge. Easily four times the size of the nano. Although, this is a good idea. I'm sure my brother would love to buy this.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    That's... actually not such a bad idea. Except for the whole, "it might eat into iPod sales" thing. Of course, if Apple got enough of a royalty out of it, that wouldn't be a problem. Does the DS have USB port or something? Otherwise, syncing would be Wi-Fi, which would be pretty slow.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Too bad you're pulling this out of your ass...that is...unless you can back it up with something.

I, for one, know exactly what is coming out, and iPod with virtual reality playback that runs on fairy dust...that's gonna ROXXORS MY BOXXORS!!!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    rfc13rfc13 Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Dirk

That's... actually not such a bad idea. Except for the whole, "it might eat into iPod sales" thing. Of course, if Apple got enough of a royalty out of it, that wouldn't be a problem. Does the DS have USB port or something? Otherwise, syncing would be Wi-Fi, which would be pretty slow.

Personally can't see this whole idea happening, but you never know with Apple. If it were to happen then you could put a USB port in the memory pack originally mentioned.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovieCutter

Too bad you're pulling this out of your ass...that is...unless you can back it up with something.

I, for one, know exactly what is coming out, and iPod with virtual reality playback that runs on fairy dust...that's gonna ROXXORS MY BOXXORS!!!

No the fairy dust thing wont come out until Jan

Yes I have pulled this out of my ass, I just bought my wife a black DS and the black glossy styling is very Apple so I just put two and two togther.. would be nice tho?

I think there is a market there, an 11 year old relative of mine had a choice of a DS or nano recently of course he went for the DS! and ended up buying a cheap mp3 POS player to listen to music.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    yeah actually, i'm not too familiar with nintendo DS' but if you could sync your songs onto the cartridge via usb, couldn't the DS just use the cartridge for its copy of itunes and the songs on there wouldn't need to be added through wi fi?

i dont really know how much of a hit this would really be...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Great idea - never going to happen - but great idea nonetheless. I must say that, on a whim, I bought a white DS lite recently, and it's the only reasonably priced consumer product I've seen for a long time that compares with Apple on industrial design - really strange considering everything else they've made is very Fischer Price.

David
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMacfan

Great idea - never going to happen - but great idea nonetheless. I must say that, on a whim, I bought a white DS lite recently, and it's the only reasonably priced consumer product I've seen for a long time that compares with Apple on industrial design - really strange considering everything else they've made is very Fischer Price.

David

hmm almost as if Apple had design it...