New Apple Displays???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Check the Apple page.... What were the old ones like??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I think they just reduced prices. I dont know what the prices were before though.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Eh, still going for an NEC here.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    $799, 1299, and 2499 if I remember correctly. New prices are better, but I seem to remember Samsung's 20.1" widescreen in the paper this weekend for $299 with rebate, but then Apple is not trying to compete on price with their displays.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Apple is not trying to compete with displays that use the same panel. It looks like Mac users will still be turning to dell for their displays.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Can anyone shed any light on whether the UK display prices have changed? The 20" and 23" seem fairly close, to what they were. Doing a dollars to Pound conversion, they are far, far cheaper in the US now. They price now is still close to what I paid for the 20" just over a year ago.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    These are better pieces of LCD, higher contrast ratios and brightness levels.

About time, these are decent but still overpriced for the quality of LCD.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Not exactly. Apple and Dell use the same exact screen for the most part. That's why so many PowerMac users bought Dell displays instead of Apple's. Same thing, 1/2-3/4 as much.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    No, the Dells used a different video coprocessor that resulted, and still results, in inferior low-bit color with lots of gradient banding.