Brushed Metal Out! Black Bezel in!?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all

I noticed in the Time Machine demo that there is a lot of use of Black window bezels. Also on the sneak preview page.

Maybe Apple is thinking, people like shiny black ipods and glossy black macs lets get rid of the ancient brushed metal and in spring 2007 go with a new black appearance say "onyx" in addition to aqua.

What do yo think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I think you're onto them. You have to also consider the cool looking 'review' window in iPhoto... minimalist black and features only the things you need when you need 'em. Same deal with Aperture.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I hope you're right, it's a good look.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Possibly. Though Vista kinda got there first (at least Taskbar-wise).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I like the glossy black look, but mainly in content creation contexts where it makes your eyes more color-accurate for the stuff you're editing. Otherwise it's sorta annoying.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Also notice on the iChat video on the Sneak Peek page for Leopard the UI for iChat has been drastically improved. The Brushed metal is 100% gone. A slick white surround takes its place. The Blue and White zebra stripes are toned down, and contrast on the buttons along the bottom is bumped up.

PS Is it just me or does the Phone icon look different? Perhaps a "Top Secret" feature?