I want a .Mac Update.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seriously.

.Mac should be updated to have 1TB of Bandwidth and at least 10gb of storage or something.

Also, i think that every user should get .Mac (the current default version 1gb\\10gb band) free. So it can be the Mac users extremely superior 'myspace'. This would make the slogan "Blogging, Podcasting...right out of the box" all the more true.

Then an upgrade, if wanted, can be chosen. Same price, but the specs should be higher like stated above.

What do you guys think about this and .Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    it will happen, eventually. (the update, not the free version)
  • Reply 2 of 12
    wasn't it free for a while? and 1tb of bandwidth is humangouse
  • Reply 3 of 12
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    I just want them to stop dropping the main that I keep in my Inbox! Lost another group this morning.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    .Mac wants to be Free!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    By allowing a free version, one that isn't totally crippled (like one that only allows for Photocasting or what-not), we can give users a taste of what .Mac is. Then you can have a Premier version of it, which has all of the bells and whistles.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Ireland wants to suck less!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Ireland... please stop making your point, no matter how valid, with gigantic type. Especially gigantic garishly colored type. It is completely, massively annoying.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Ireland... please stop making your point, no matter how valid, with gigantic type. Especially gigantic garishly colored type. It is completely, massively annoying.

......OK
  • Reply 9 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Well, it's colorful, but at least it's small. Thanks.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

I disagree. In fact, the monotony of small black type is getting extremely annoying.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Personally, it should be up to each individual.

Like myself, if I am feeling somewhat GOOFY, I might do that.

If I am trying to make a serious point, I'll do this.

If I am trying to show you my coding superiority, I could do this.

However, normally I am just normal, like everyone else on here. I just like to see something different every now and then.

To Ireland: You keep on being you, and just enjoy the threads. I just wouldn't use the really bright colors personally.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I'm with ya'all on this one. I paid the $99 for .Mac back in January and I have been enjoying it but more space at least would be nice for the same price.