iTunes Kiosk Mode?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a third party application that would put iTunes in a kiosk like mode? I am going to be having a party where I want to let people have access to browse and play playlists but I do want them to be able to delete or modify the master Library or any of the playlists either on purpose or by mistake.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I am currently looking at a network like program to use on my iMac to look at my jukebox (an older PowerMac G4 specifically used for the purpose of iTunes) but because I have 112 Days/10 Hours/20 Minutes/13 Seconds worth of music this would bog down the network and would be awfully slow.

Any advice in short notice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Try http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29983. Just did a quick search and it sounds like it could do what you want.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion

Try http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29983. Just did a quick search and it sounds like it could do what you want.

That does not do quite what I am looking for.

I would like the user to be able have complete access to browsing the playlists but now allowed to alter them, move the songs around, or delete files.

This to me seems like an easy thing Apple could add to the interface and by the adding a button to "lock" access to these features and you would need an Admin password to unlock it.

Could something like this be easily created with a third party add on?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I know what you mean.

I know for parties...it would be nice to lock up iTunes in a full screen mode where songs can't be editted, but if you double click to play a song it is automatically added to the button of a playlist, like a request of sorts.