What browser do you use, and why?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What browser do you use and why?

I'm currently using Safari, after using Camino the most and a short date with Opera (found it too long to load). Shiira is looking good so far, but it takes way to much memory, but its in beta, so once an official 1.0 version is released, i'll probably use it.

How bout y'all?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    My browser suggests checking this recent thread
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Safari, because at the end of the day, I feel it integrates better with OS X, and is less annoying.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ar4wY

What browser do you use and why?

I'm currently using Safari, after using Camino the most and a short date with Opera (found it too long to load). Shiira is looking good so far, but it takes way to much memory, but its in beta, so once an official 1.0 version is released, i'll probably use it.

How bout y'all?

I use FireFox (largely cuz that was what I was used to before I became a Mac person. I love all the extensions and varous ways to customize the interface that you can't do with Safari. Using themes, it aesthetically looks like it is totally an Apple application.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Safari with PithHelmet for most things because of the better OSX integration and ad-blocking, Firefox (Mac) for compatibility with school and bank websites, etc. Safari (1.3.2) has had problems for me in those cases where compatibility is important, even on sites that support Safari!

On windows I am still undecided between Firefox (good, fast, basic browser) and Maxthon (better features/ad blocking/etc.).
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I use Camino.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by progmac

My browser suggests checking this recent thread

Lol...is it ok to be partly insulted when someone asks the same exact question that you do without reading the threads before? 8)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Firefox. Adblock, Filterset.G for adblock, and Webdeveloper, and Bookmarks Synchronizer. Need I say more? I also prefer Firefox's rss-in-a-menu, instead of Safari's RSS-in-a-page. I can scan a bazillion BBC headlines and click on the stories I find interesting, and it takes me straight to the article.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    So... I also use safari. And firefox occationally when I want a browser that is more stable in terms of web standards compliance.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster

Safari with PithHelmet for most things because of the better OSX integration and ad-blocking, Firefox (Mac) for compatibility with school and bank websites, etc. Safari (1.3.2) has had problems for me in those cases where compatibility is important, even on sites that support Safari!

On windows I am still undecided between Firefox (good, fast, basic browser) and Maxthon (better features/ad blocking/etc.).

maxthon is just a shell for IE, so the security issues are still there...plus i've never seen better adblocking than with adblock on FF.

just so you know.