ARD Sesssions Die On Me...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have noticed that after using ARD 3.0 for a few months that I regularly see ARD "die" on me during remote sessions to various ARD 3.0 (Tiger) client desktops on my LAN.

Example: I connect to a Mac ARD client for assistance and after a few minutes my ARD session is "stale" (the connection appears to be live, but the ARD window doesnt refresh changes on the Mac I'm connecting to). Even disconnecting and reconnecting to the client to force a "fresh session" doesnt work. It wont refresh the session. Then I am forced to send the "kickstart" command to the client via SSH in order to be able to connect again. The "kickstart" command is used so often now that I have it pasted into a Sticky so I can send it quickly.

This problem happened to be on a semi-regular babais back in ARD 2.2, but it is much more common now in ARD 3.0. I thought I was the ony one with the problm at my company, but I just found out that 2 of my Mac Techs also see the problem (almost daily)

Any ideas?

Specs:

ARD 3.0 on both the IT Admin Macs and the desktop Mac clients.

Mac OS X10.4.6 or 10.4.7 on all Macs (All Macs have Tiger)

10/100/1000 LAN (very little routing needed as most Macs are on the same VLAN/ subnet). Most Macs have a Gigabit connection on my LAN.