myTunes redux equiv for macs?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just switched to mac. MacBookPro for college.

There will be hundreds of iTunes libraries at my fingertips to listen to.

There is this great program called MyTunes Redux that lets you share songs. But there is only a PC version!!

Is there an equivalent program for mac? Please don't ban me or anything I don't advocate "stealing" music. I love apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Share as in 'allow others to copy' or 'allow others to listen'?

The latter is built in to iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    sharing by allowing others to copy. works great for windows - copy unprotected songs over networks.

I did some searching - no MyTunes Redux for mac :/

But there are some equivalents: GetTunes and Leecher. From what I've read - both don't seem to work with the latest iTunes :/ Oh well.

--

Yet another reason to get bootcamp and a copy of windows I suppose
  • Reply 3 of 10
    yup nothing works with iTunes6.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    "Wiretap pro"- get it-- play the file over the sharing and record it whilst listening- it's the only way with iTunes 6
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I'm assuming you're using this for legal purposes..

Have you checked out ourtunes (http://ourtunes.sourceforge.net/)?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

"Wiretap pro"- get it-- play the file over the sharing and record it whilst listening- it's the only way with iTunes 6

Audio Hijack Pro (I've got 2.6.1) does the same thing. It records – DRM free! – from any audio source/application you point it to.

Get v. 2.7 at http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...macosx&x=0&y=0

Get v. 2.6.1 on P2P.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Blue coconut works at my college. Have fun.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Lupa, which version of iTunes are you running? Can't get Blue Coconut working with 7.0.1.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wouldn't a recording re-encode it to MP3 or MP4? Thus dramatically killing already poor quality?

On the flip side, last time I checked, ourtunes worked. At least in 6. Haven't checked 7.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Unfortunately, OurTunes stopped working with iTunes 7. Blue Coconut does not work either, probably relying on the same protocol/glitch as OurTunes.