leomancini.net

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am just completing my site's redesign and feedback is appreciated!

Please focus on the first page as the index page is polished and I am working on the other pages.

leomancini.net

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Macintosh

Please focus on the first page as the index page is polished and I am working on the other pages.

leomancini.net

Thanks!

I really like it. It's simple yet very polished. My only harp is that your header logo is a .mov. It increases your load time a bit. Like I said, only harp. Very nice overall though.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    It's a tad slow, and it looks to candy-pop to me. The beauty of web design is simpilicty mixed with a little bit of gloss. Nothing personal, I just don't like Candy-pop sites.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    A tad slow? It passed my I don't give a crap threshold without ever loading at all. At least 20 seconds and not a thing. After that I'm off to somewhere that can load up.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Really? it was instant for me...

Oh the internet...
  • Reply 5 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Can I derail this thread for you to critique my latest project?

http://www.brittonconstructioninc.com/
  • Reply 6 of 13
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    The first time I visit, I got some kind of welcoming animation and an index. When you choose an item from the index you go to a page. When you click "back" in the browser, I ended up on a different index page. It's confusing because it is inconsistent. Personally, I don't like animation intros even if they only play the first time you ever visit. However, if you want to keep it, it should link immediately to the regular main page instead of having it's own list of contents. Also there should be a skip option. Webpages are viewed quickly. People don't like spending a lot of time sitting around watching animations.

That said, the rest that I glanced at seems excellent. Consistent, not bandwidth hogging. Good work!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

One thing about your project gallery:

When you click on a project, the center of the page is empty and the thumbnails for photos are down at the bottom. On my monitor, they were not even visible-I had to scroll down to see anything. The way the middle is conspiciously empty though, leads me to believe that this is just a result of it being WIP...?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    What was the width of the browser window during that experiment / can you take a screenshot?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

What was the width of the browser window during that experiment / can you take a screenshot?

17" Dell monitor, at 1280x1024 pixels resolution. The browser window was spread over the whole screen. Perhaps you could switch to having the thumbnails at top and center instead of bottom and center? Can't take a screenshot 'cause I'm at work and file hosting sites are blocked...

Correction: I looked at it again and with the window spread over the whole screen and you don't have to scroll down to see the thumbnails. My previous observation was with some kind of IE default size I think. But there still seems to be a big empty area hanging out in the middle of the page that's kind of odd looking.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Okay, that's a unique formatting problem that doesn't apply to Firefox or Safari evidently.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Okay, that's a unique formatting problem that doesn't apply to Firefox or Safari evidently.

oh, okay. I'll check it when I get home then...
  • Reply 12 of 13
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

MUCH much MUCH better than the original poster's site.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Macintosh

leomancini.net

Thanks!

I like it, it's not slow at all, but it might be for 56k modem users.

Placebo, your site is good, but the mail icon at the bottom is squashed with the text. Also, when I clicked on "Britton's Approach" the titles have untidy grey boxes around them, I would get rid of the bullet points as well imo.

Viewing in Safari btw, also appears on firefox. I don't know if this is deliberate, but it doesn't follow the design of the rest of the site.