Eeek, fuzzy!
  • Reply 2 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Sophisticated spammer ha?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gene Clean

Sophisticated spammer ha?

How exactly do you justify this as spam?

This is a Mac website, correct?

And I'm showing my newest Mac creation.

All I'm asking for is feedback.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If he was being snide about my comment, I was just noting that the icons look fuzzy 'round the edges.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

If he was being snide about my comment, I was just noting that the icons look fuzzy 'round the edges.

absolutely not, placebo, i was refering to Gene Clean
  • Reply 6 of 17
    I was speaking in reference to Gene Clean's comment, whether it was to you or me.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

I was speaking in reference to Gene Clean's comment, whether it was to you or me.

wow, we all got mixed up

can i get some feedback now? \
  • Reply 8 of 17
    They look great but I'd make the shadows more transparent and perhaps put a white border around them, and maybe even add a gloss effect. I'll try those when I get home.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    No offense or anything -- but who would WANT those?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    They're an improvement over Adobe's original icons, which pretty much means they're still rather terrible.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

They're an improvement over Adobe's original icons, which pretty much means they're still rather terrible.

I'm sorry, but I really don't find them an improvement. They look chubby and cluttered.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

I'm sorry, but I really don't find them an improvement. They look chubby and cluttered.

At least they have unique shapes, unlike Adobe's "let's put a square around every one of them! a white square! that's creative, folks!" junk.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i still think the photoshop 7 icon was the pinnacle of their photoshop identity -- if you're making replacement icons, they should give a user a sense off what the app is even if the name is hidden, renamed, partially obscured, etc. that doesn't mean it can't also be a bit of showy marketing, too.

at least their (i.e. adobe's) icons are better than any "single stylized letter" or "company logo" icon.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

i still think the photoshop 7 icon was the pinnacle of their photoshop identity

Yep, pretty much agreed.

• Reply 15 of 17
    If it was just the lens with a shadow underneath it, it would be a powerful icon like the ones in Apple's production suite.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    yeah, never really understood where the feather came from.. Although i think it mighta been in the photoshop 5.5 splash?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

If it was just the lens with a shadow underneath it, it would be a powerful icon like the ones in Apple's production suite.

Indeed.

Well, except for that other app that already does something like it.