speakers for imac and ipod?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am waiting to recieve my 20" imac and 30G ipod and was looking for a comprehensive speakers that I can hook up to my computer and to my ipod. It would be ideal if I could bring the speakers with me. They do not have to be battery powered but then again it wouldn't hurt. They do have to sound great. I have an onkyo tx-sr703 reciever and all polk speakers for my home theater, but need something that will sound great in my office. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    the iPod hifi is supposed to produce great sound. I would buy one in a heartbeat..If it were a set of 2 separate speakers so you could enjoy REAL stereo sound.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rbf817rbf817 Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zybala

I am waiting to recieve my 20" imac and 30G ipod and was looking for a comprehensive speakers that I can hook up to my computer and to my ipod. It would be ideal if I could bring the speakers with me. They do not have to be battery powered but then again it wouldn't hurt. They do have to sound great. I have an onkyo tx-sr703 reciever and all polk speakers for my home theater, but need something that will sound great in my office. Any suggestions?

The ipod hifi is a nice quality system. The imac doesnt really need extra speakers for home use and gaming. Have a look at some Altec Lansing speakers or Creatives. If youve got lots of money try the Bose companion 2 or 3...