Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've got a dual 1.8GHz G5 PCI-X model that I'd like to sell. It includes:

-2.5 GB RAM

-WD 74GB Raptor 10,000 RPM HD

-Pioneer DVR-106 "SuperDrive"

-ATi 9650 Dual DVI

-No keyboard or Mouse

-A fresh install of Mac OS X 10.4.7 and iLife '06. No AppleCare warranty left.

-A few cosmetic blemishes and slightly bent back footing.

I was thinking $1450 shipped. Is this too high? I'd like opinions on what you guys think it's worth.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I sold my single 1.8GHz G5 with 1.5GB, a 9800 Pro, and no special HD for $1300 a few months ago, but then again, now that the Mac Pros are out maybe pricing has changed.

Really, I'd just try your highest price on Craigslist.org and see if anybody bites, and keep pricing it down if nobody does. Craigslist is absolutely amazing for computer sales in my experience, especially since you don't have to hassle with shipping and potentially getting scammed by somebody across the country, you can just do the transaction in person.

I've had great luck with Craigslist.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for the tip. I just posted on Craigslist. I'll see what happens.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Make sure to post in your area, Craigslist is usually good at automatically determining where you're located but just in case it says you're living in Utah or something and you didn't change it, double check that you've selected your region/large city near you.

I've really had great luck with craigslist, nearly everything I've put up there has gotten multiple offers and some things got replies overnight even.