Virtual PC on iBook/500

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i'm planning to run Virtual PC 5.0 (with Win2K or XP Home) on my iBook (G3/500) with at least 384 MB of memory that's running OS X. Does anyone have a similar setup, and what was the performance like on the iBook.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I have a iBook 14" 700mhz with 384 megs ram. I ran office xp and photoshop 7 in it. I run win 2k with my VPC 5. Make sure you get the update for VPC 5 you will notice a difference in overall performance but don't expect to much because it is slow but general stuff like office works fine in VPC. I just put photoshop 7 to see how well it worked and basicly it just worked, you can do any thing in it, but it's slow. Office runs fine though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by shatteringglass:

<strong>i'm planning to run Virtual PC 5.0 (with Win2K or XP Home) on my iBook (G3/500) with at least 384 MB of memory that's running OS X. Does anyone have a similar setup, and what was the performance like on the iBook.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have run VPC4 with win95 and win98 and the performance was very slow. I wasn't expecting much and thats what I got.

My Pentium 166 was much faster than the iBook was and I have 640MB of RAM. Im sure a G4 would make a big difference. Windows is usable but just very slowwwww.

: