New minis?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Today's rumor of refreshed minis ended up being fake. Anyone know if they're scheduled for the 12th's press conference or are people expecting another date?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kbreit

Today's rumor of refreshed minis ended up being fake.

The rumor was that large shipments of Minis would be available after Labor Day, which is today. The Minis can still be refreshed and the supposed refresh is that the Solo will no longer be available and there will be a 1.66 Duo and 1.83 Duo, hopefully at a lower price.

Since it's so close to this movie event on the 12th, Apple may decide to keep all news until then. Faster, cheaper Minis would certainly be newsworthy at an event for media center type devices.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    I would be surprised if the Mini is updated this month, unless it is a silent update. If they are going to do anything significant with it then I think that they will wait till October to announce it.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JCG

I would be surprised if the Mini is updated this month, unless it is a silent update. If they are going to do anything significant with it then I think that they will wait till October to announce it.

Why wait until October?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Because Apple is irrational?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    What if it is done Wednesday? I am thinking from a marketing perspective that tomorrow might be considered a Tuesday (because of the Labor Day holiday).
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Because Apple is irrational?

You got that right, son. Same as our undying love for it.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755

What if it is done Wednesday? I am thinking from a marketing perspective that tomorrow might be considered a Tuesday (because of the Labor Day holiday).

That's exactly what I thought. Apple likes where Tuesdays sit in the work week, and with this work week, tuesday was monday. Watch the homepage tomorrow fokes...
  • Reply 8 of 17
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent

That's exactly what I thought. Apple likes where Tuesdays sit in the work week, and with this work week, tuesday was monday. Watch the homepage tomorrow fokes...

mmm... there will be another regular mainteance

better wait until next week

when was the last time APPLE updated its entire product line? (i am not sure)

here we are talking abt

Mac Mini

iMac

MacBook

MacBook Pro (even though mostly all are CPU upgrades)

and

possible iPod nano (or iPhone)

is Apple store and retailer can handle so much changes in one week? (i am not sure either)

if so one knows apple business can explain more ...
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam

when was the last time APPLE updated its entire product line? (i am not sure)

here we are talking abt

Mac Mini

iMac

MacBook

MacBook Pro (even though mostly all are CPU upgrades)

and

possible iPod nano (or iPhone)

is Apple store and retailer can handle so much changes in one week? (i am not sure either)

if so one knows apple business can explain more ...

Never happen in a million years.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

The rumor was that large shipments of Minis would be available after Labor Day, which is today. The Minis can still be refreshed and the supposed refresh is that the Solo will no longer be available and there will be a 1.66 Duo and 1.83 Duo, hopefully at a lower price.

Since it's so close to this movie event on the 12th, Apple may decide to keep all news until then. Faster, cheaper Minis would certainly be newsworthy at an event for media center type devices.

The upgrade from the current core duo 1.6 to 1.8 wouldn't be much of an upgrade in my opinon. Going from the Core Solo to the dual 1.6 is a much better upgrade.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Never happen in a million years.

Completely agree we've never seen anything like this in the past. I believe in Mini terms all we will see in in a few weeks a quiet update to Duo processors and a little speed bump to make them sit better in the family line. No changes to other specs or capacities until early next year.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    btw the uk apple store is down.

as is the french store.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    This is my first Mac. But I've gone through less speculation and disappointments with girlfriends Still excited though.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    UK Apple store back up with 24" iMac and updatd minis, now 1.66 and 1.83 Core Duos and price drop.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    The 'combo' drive lives!

bummer!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Well, the "fake rumor" turned out to be true since the refreshes were officially announced today. Do you have egg on your face, or what?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I think the mini's are overpriced.

And I wish Apple would put in a real video card. Integrated Video sucks.

- Mark