Store vs. Online

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just a quick question, are there any differences between buying something (like a mbp) at a store vs. buying it online? other than waiting for shipping i guess...thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    i think certain levels of BTO-ability may be limited in store versus in the online store.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Yeah, on the website you can build the exact specs you want, but the main minus is you can't see the product before you buy. If you've never seen one before in real life, you might want to check it out in the real store before you purchase online, or buy it direct in the store if what they have suits you.

(not so easy if you live anywhere in Europe besides England, the usual grumble, grumble, grumble )
  • Reply 3 of 7
    What about warranty differences ? If you buy in a store you probably can return it to the store for repairs.. where as online you'll have to ship it in or have apple pick it up (is this possible? dunno)

There is a difference regarding student discount, this is only possible online.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akerman

What about warranty differences ? If you buy in a store you probably can return it to the store for repairs.. where as online you'll have to ship it in or have apple pick it up (is this possible? dunno)

There is a difference regarding student discount, this is only possible online.

You can bring your online bought product to the local Apple Store for repares so long as its in warenty/Apple Care. Also, you can get education discounts in the store as well.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    alright, thanks guys. it seems like warranty wise, it's the same. i have spent some time in the apple store already so i've played around with the mbp's already. just waiting for merom to come out now!!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

You can bring your online bought product to the local Apple Store for repares so long as its in warenty/Apple Care. Also, you can get education discounts in the store as well.

Ah yes if he's talking about an Apple store (which we dont have any of in Denmark) - I thought he meant any store.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    If you live in a state that doesn't have an Apple Store, you don't have to pay sales tax for purchses made online.