Mail 2.1 - Previous Recipients List

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know how to access the root level of this list to be revealed in the finder or anywhere on OS 10.4.7. I have been trying to copy over the mail.plist and the mail folder but this does not transfer over the previous recipients list, and i would like to have this transferred over to another mac without saving the list to address book and then having to revert the address book to the other mac, and also without having to use the migration assistant. I wish i could copy and paste the list from the mail menu for previous recipients list but Apple has not made that function available. If anyone has any idea of where i can look or start i would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    This is a wild stab in the dark, but there is a MAIL folder in the CACHES folder: user/Library/Caches/Mail

Perhaps one of those files holds the info - try copying the folder over to the other mac and see.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn

This is a wild stab in the dark, but there is a MAIL folder in the CACHES folder: user/Library/Caches/Mail

Perhaps one of those files holds the info - try copying the folder over to the other mac and see.

I copied the whole folder over but still no cigar, not sure where Apple keeps there stuff. But thanks though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    This really has me curious now...

Another possibility... have you also copied over the AddressBook folder from user/Library/Application Support ?

The reason why I wonder is because of a file there called Addressbook.data.previous
  • Reply 4 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Since this is only the Mail 2.1 thread I see:

Can anyone tell me why Mail doesn't record message links properly if they're not immediate?

For example, if I click 'Reply' and type a return message to someone, then hit 'Save As Draft' to save the message because I'm not finished. When I send the message the following day, Mail doesn't add an arrow to the first message indicating that I've replied to it.

Is this just my system that's corrupted or is this an annoying bug in Mail?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn

This really has me curious now...

Another possibility... have you also copied over the AddressBook folder from user/Library/Application Support ?

The reason why I wonder is because of a file there called Addressbook.data.previous

Thanks for the clue. I was rencently trying to copy over the "Previous Recipients" info from one Mac to another. I was able to do this by copying over the file AddressBook.data, which is found in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook. (The file Addressbook.data.previous may not be necessary). This worked even though I was moving the data from Mac OS X 10.2 to 10.4.