EverQuest coming to Mac!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
From <a href="http://www.insidemacgames.com/release_dates.php"; target="_blank">Inside Mac Games</a> Release dates page.

EQ is shown as a Q2-2003 release (but not OS X??)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Update: <a href="http://everquest.station.sony.com/eq_mac.jsp"; target="_blank">Sony's EQ for Mac OS X page</a>

• Reply 2 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I saw this at MWNY.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    egads! Now Mac users can become mindless EQ addicts. Expect the IQ of Mac users to fall of dramatically in the years after it's release.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Yup. Mac users will become EverCrack addicts, buying multiple machines just to run cheat programs and multiple ISPs to run more than one character at once. They'll be on eBay, buying someone's 400th level character and his castle for thousands of dollars.

It'll be a sad day for Macdom, indeed.

• Reply 5 of 9
    [quote]They'll be on eBay, buying someone's 400th level character and his castle for thousands of dollars.<hr></blockquote>

It won't work. The Mac version will have it's own servers. You can't buy PC accounts and transfer them.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    EverCrack... fisrt time I've heard that one. Why can't games use the same servers like Diablo II does? I just don't get it... Hey to think I live problibly walking distance from a AI Mod scary ain't it?

A@ron
  • Reply 7 of 9
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    They are not network compatible because the Windows version uses Microsoft's Direct Play network protocol with is a closed standard that was designed to make it so you can play with all your friends unless you're using Windows.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    They said that they wanted everyone to be on a level playing field when the Mac version came out. They didn't want level 60 characters interacting with a bunch of level 1 or 2 newbies.

BTW, which mod do you live within 'walking distance' of?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>It won't work. The Mac version will have it's own servers. You can't buy PC accounts and transfer them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just wait until the Mac version's been around long enough for people to get high level characters on those servers.

That's what I meant.

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>