Does this mean....?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does the iPod update mean we shouldn't expect a 6G iPod at MWSF?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    It means you should expect a 6G Widescreen Touchscreen iPod Video at MWSF, IMO. Like the one on the right of this image (found on Google Images). Resolution will be 640x360 (16:9 aspect), 5" diagonal screen.

• Reply 2 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

I hope you can forgive me for this one God, but holy Jesus that's Beautiful!!!

Did you create that?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Looks pretty good, but the final product will have an aluminium enclosure like the new nano/shuffle.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I'm not sure about this - Tactile feedback has been a hallmark of the iPod since 4G. I personally disliked the "clickless" feeling of my 3g - it was kind of creepy.

Also - how do you hold it? The iPod currently fits comfortably in the center of your hand with your fingers wrapped around the edge with your thumb alternately bracing the other side/using the clickwheel. With a widescreen iPod using two hands becomes your only option (for those of us with normal sized palms). I suppose were the unit thin enough to grasp with one hand you could pinch it between your thumb and your index knuckle - but again, how do you control the damn thing.

Look at the Zen Vision W - that thing suffers from two-handed-itis. I ain't seein it!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I hope can forgive me for this one God, but holy Jesus that's Beautiful!!!

Did you create that?

It's very nice. It's from this guy:

http://homepage.mac.com/pabloportilla/ipodvideo.jpg
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

It's very nice. It's from this guy:

http://homepage.mac.com/pabloportilla/ipodvideo.jpg

oh my god i would by a FULL case of 30 of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you hear me apple??? USE THIS DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Sounds a bit like this, though the Apple version bill be "cooler" and more pricey.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

It means you should expect a 6G Widescreen Touchscreen iPod Video at MWSF, IMO. Like the one on the right of this image (found on Google Images). Resolution will be 640x360 (16:9 aspect), 5" diagonal screen.

Very tight.

I also found something like that

I don't think it was done as well as the one you posted, though its along the same guidelines.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

What's MWSF. I am new to all this. I am assuming it's a conference or something? When is it?

I am holding off the ipod thing at the moment. I haven't been looking at this site for too long but when I found it I was hoping that the next update to the ipod was going to be this widescreen thing. I am quite dissapointed with the recent annoucements. itv is great in theory but why can't they put a tv tuner in the imac. Over here in the uk, the houses are so small that it would be great if we could have a mac that could serve as a tv. I know you can get exteral stuff but the design is suppose to make everything look slick and minimal. Our itunes story is also different from the US and basically sucks big time. Steve jobs talks about just a few shows being available and now over 40. We haven't even reached that yet unless I have missed something. Perhaps buy the time the ipod is updated to the widescreen version we'll have something decent to watch!!!!

Excuse the rant.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poppet

What's MWSF. I am new to all this. I am assuming it's a conference or something? When is it?

Steve jobs talks about just a few shows being available and now over 40. We haven't even reached that yet unless I have missed something. Perhaps buy the time the ipod is updated to the widescreen version we'll have something decent to watch!!!!

Excuse the rant.

MWSF is Mac World San Francisco. The biggest Apple event of the year.

There are now 75+ titles available.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by playcrackthesky

MWSF is Mac World San Francisco. The biggest Apple event of the year.

There are now 75+ titles available.

What in the UK (75 titles?)

Our itunes only lists

Music

Audiobooks

Podcasts

ipod games.

Where are the movies??? I can't find them. I don't think they have been rolled out here in the UK.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

What in the UK (75 titles?)

Our itunes only lists

Music

Audiobooks

Podcasts

ipod games.

Where are the movies??? I can't find them. I don't think they have been rolled out here in the UK.

What I meant to say is that our itunes store only lists Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, ipod games.

Our itunes 7 is the same of yours but we haven't got anything to put in the tv shows, movies section as far as I can see unless I am being completely dumb.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Great marketing pictures that displays how much glossy screens will disturb the viewing experience.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    About holding the Ipod with two hands:

I think the "finger-movement detector" on the touchscreen Ipod will simply respond to rotating movement of your finger. If you press and rotate your finger, wherever on the screen, it will detect this and behave like the new scroll wheel.

If you press and move your finger from left to right, it will move the playbackhead of a song.

If you press and move your finger from top to bottom, you will scroll to the list of songs.

I don't think you will need to reach for an "interactive spot" on the iPod.

One thing I ask myself is if this will not cause your iPod to be full of fingerprints :-)
  • Reply 15 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

What's MWSF?

MWSF? Click here!