iWeb SOS!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I spent many hours creating my own personal iWeb site on my old 12" Powerbook that decided to have a hard drive failure about 2 months ago. I now have a macbook but can't seem to find a way to pull my iWeb site off my iDisk to edit it again on my new mac!

Please help, it's driving me mad...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The iWeb file is loacated in your Home directory in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb

I don't know if this will help you or not, but that is where the file is stored.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    You can't. iWeb is really not much of a website editor. That's why it's called a personal web site editor not professional. So it outputs from the stuff you create in its interface to HTML but doesn't import from HTML to its interface, which is stored, as mentioned above...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Is there some sort of work around then?

It beggars belief that Apple didn't see this coming for some people!

Can i maybe use another programme to edit the web pages that I now have on my iDisk??

Dammit!

• Reply 4 of 5
    Dreamweaver.

Or learn HTML and edit it by hand :/
  • Reply 5 of 5
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybejames

Is there some sort of work around then?

It beggars belief that Apple didn't see this coming for some people!

Can i maybe use another programme to edit the web pages that I now have on my iDisk??

Dammit!

Of course they saw it coming, but in its class of programs this is not common. In other words there are other such programs for newbies that also don't do this. You might try NVu. Google it.