Quote me a price on a used Mac Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What would you pay for a used Mac Pro 2.66? bare bones, no extras just Mac Pro wired keyboard and mouse, education discount bought, from a private seller locally no need to ship

they say they have the box and all the DVD's and adapters it came with along with manuals

I know someone selling one just need to know what i should quote them.

I was thinking 2000$

They want 2400$

I think thats ridiculous for 90$ more i could get one straight from apple with my edu

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Old Smuggler

What would you pay for a used Mac Pro 2.66? bare bones, no extras just Mac Pro wired keyboard and mouse, education discount bought, from a private seller locally no need to ship

they say they have the box and all the DVD's and adapters it came with along with manuals

I know someone selling one just need to know what i should quote them.

I was thinking 2000$

They want 2400$

I think thats ridiculous for 90$ more i could get one straight from apple with my edu

I sold mine on ebay for $2429...(the same exact one)

People will buy it just to save money on the sales tax. Like me, he probably doesn't want to pay the $249 restocking fee after you open the damn thing, plus he gets to keep the rebates by cutting out the UPC's from the original box. Thus trying to save any money he can by selling it at the retail price without the sales tax. The computer is probably in good condition. I wouldn't have sold mine for less than $2300. Good luck getting anything lower than that.