New Photo Ipod at Photokina?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Chances are slim, but the digital photography community loves the photo ipod (now just any video ipod) to use as a storage device. The new fullscreen ipod would be extremely useful to this same community. If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the first 'video' ipod released as a 'photo' ipod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheep

Chances are slim, but the digital photography community loves the photo ipod (now just any video ipod) to use as a storage device. The new fullscreen ipod would be extremely useful to this same community. If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the first 'video' ipod released as a 'photo' ipod?

Um, no. The photo iPod isn't the same as the video. The photo couldn't play videos. And since all of the current iPods (with the exception of the shuffle) can store and display pictures, why would they make a "photo" iPod?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ok, i wasn't sure about that lineage. but what i'm saying is they could (possibly) release the new fullscreen ipod at photokina for use with photography (lightbox).
  • Reply 3 of 7
    unlikely they just introduced teh 80gig ipod, that means we probably wont see an update for atleast 6 months
  • Reply 4 of 7
    HIGHLY doubt. its not possible. unless they release some type of digital frame that also incorporates audio.. otherwise, i doubt it
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halfassed

unlikely they just introduced teh 80gig ipod, that means we probably wont see an update for atleast 6 months

I must respectfully disagree. Something so minor as a hard drive upgrade does not constitute a "true update" and it would be very . . . unwise of Apple to wait 6 months after only doing that.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    the hundred gigabyte barrier is only steps away... i'm thinking a 120 or 150 gb ipod very soon...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    there will be no iPod at photokina.

Apple has made a very strict distinction between Pro and Consumer, and at that, a strict distinction between iPod and Consumer. Generally it is safe to assume there will be no new iPods at MWSF save for an iPod Phone (MAYBE!). Pro products are usually only introduced at WWDC, NAB, and other Pro events. iPods are almost NEVER released at pro events, and at that, they are now only released at iPod only events.