So will the MB be updated soon or not?!?!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone have any logical reason to believe the MB will be updated within the month?

Logical reasoning why they WONT be updated is welcome too.

I ordered a Blackbook on the 12th with 2-3 day shipping and it says estimated delivery is the 26th. Could this be a sign or are they really that backed up on orders?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    So many people waiting for a merom mbp...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Maybe October or November at the latest.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988

Does anyone have any logical reason to believe the MB will be updated within the month?

Logical reasoning why they WONT be updated is welcome too.

I ordered a Blackbook on the 12th with 2-3 day shipping and it says estimated delivery is the 26th. Could this be a sign or are they really that backed up on orders?

Found the following on Mac OS Rumors. It is an article that gives a fair amount of positive weight to the arrival of upgraded MacBooks and MacBook Pros at the Photokina event. Here is the link

http://www.macosrumors.com/20060915-1A.php

Sopranino
  • Reply 4 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    "So many people waiting for a merom mbp..."

Dude we are talking the MacBook. Screw the pro. I want to hear MB news. I'd really assume it would have to be updated soon, within the next month, for the holiday buying season. It's already been out for months.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

"So many people waiting for a merom mbp..."

Dude we are talking the MacBook. Screw the pro. I want to hear MB news. I'd really assume it would have to be updated soon, within the next month, for the holiday buying season. It's already been out for months.

What? Haha, when did I end up in your quotes?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    As LCD screens come down in price (as they did for the new iMacs), any chance they might bump the screen size of the regular MacBook? I'm trying to get my Mom to take a look at one but am a little concerned that a 13" screen might be a bit smallish. Paying $1000 more for a MBP is overkill for her and more than she wants to spend just to get the bigger screen.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak

As LCD screens come down in price (as they did for the new iMacs), any chance they might bump the screen size of the regular MacBook? I'm trying to get my Mom to take a look at one but am a little concerned that a 13" screen might be a bit smallish. Paying $1000 more for a MBP is overkill for her and more than she wants to spend just to get the bigger screen.

she could always spend $150 and buy a 17" tft as a second screen. Granted thats not portable, but it means you have loads of extra space while you are docked, but retain the pricepoint and portability of the macbook.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak

refurb MBP?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    "Or even more exciting.....the "Gamer's Dream" MacBook? Stay tuned for all the dirt!"

I would like to believe the article, but at the same time, a "Gamer's Dream MacBook" would not have intergrated graphics...and the only thing seperating the MB and MBP would be the gfx and a little bump on the cpu. I think if anything they will seperate them more, add a few more features to the MBP to make it worth the money.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    greg that was a hilarious quote I have to give it to you. Anyway, I share the original poster's quandary/anticipation. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! I WAAAANT!!!! GIMME NEW MACBOOK!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

greg that was a hilarious quote I have to give it to you. Anyway, I share the original poster's quandary/anticipation. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! I WAAAANT!!!! GIMME NEW MACBOOK!

yeah but I hope they keep the all white/black look to the macbooks. I like the look of the macbook pro, don't get me wrong, but macbooks look sweet.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Now that Apple has released an anodized black aluminum iPod nano, I wonder if the black anodized aluminum is in store for the MacBook Pro?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755

Now that Apple has released an anodized black aluminum iPod nano, I wonder if the black anodized aluminum is in store for the MacBook Pro?

now that would look sweet.