A second attempt to post the poll...(MacBook Pro)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Somehow, my previous thread posted without giving me a chance to put the poll in. Here's a second attempt - guess the specs of the new MacBook Pro. Sorry if this posts with no poll.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I don't know why so many are anxious for the MBPs to adopt some of the design features of the MBs. The magnetic latch is the only one I can see on the new MBPs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

I don't know why so many are anxious for the MBPs to adopt some of the design features of the MBs. The magnetic latch is the only one I can see on the new MBPs.

I'm with you on that one. Latch kinda cool. Keyboard? MBP's have, for me, superior keyboards, and I live my life on my keyboard, six to twelve hours a day, seven days a week when a gig comes up (maybe a vacation keeps me away from this). When I was doing a show up in Iceland, everyone had PB's, and when I used the keyboard on the 17" an hour passed without my knowing. It was the best keyboard I'd ever used, laptop or no. And I used to have custom keyboards way back when. I immediately had someone bring me a 17" from NY. Please don't change the keyboard.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove

I'm with you on that one. Latch kinda cool. Keyboard? MBP's have, for me, superior keyboards, and I live my life on my keyboard, six to twelve hours a day, seven days a week when a gig comes up (maybe a vacation keeps me away from this). When I was doing a show up in Iceland, everyone had PB's, and when I used the keyboard on the 17" an hour passed without my knowing. It was the best keyboard I'd ever used, laptop or no. And I used to have custom keyboards way back when. I immediately had someone bring me a 17" from NY. Please don't change the keyboard.

Very fair comments on the Keyboard. That design is virtually unchanged (standfast back-lighting and securing arrangements) since the 1st TiBook (1999) so that certainly says something.

My TiBook has magnetic latch (well the magnet pulls down the latch) and magnetic keyboard securing so the use of magnets in Apple laptops is hardly new.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes

Very fair comments on the Keyboard. That design is virtually unchanged (standfast back-lighting and securing arrangements) since the 1st TiBook (1999) so that certainly says something.

Didn't know that (but, I never had a TiBook--silly me).

There is precedent for not changing something that works and looks great. The Porsche 911 body was designed in the early 60?s and went on sale in 1964. It's gone essentially unchanged since then (oh, it might be stretched here, wings added there, etc. ? but it?s the same design). I?m all for not changing the MBP keyboard for 40+ years (except for a few wings here and there).

Magnetic latch is okay by me if it works. Seems cool to me.