No Filtered Searches in iTunes 7?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

remember in itunes 6 how apple introduced little buttons below the search field that said, "artist" "name" "album", to filter your search? Well as far as i can tell they aren't in iTunes 7! In my opinion, this is a step backwards (though its other features make up for it).

Surely this must be a mistake? Why leave it out? Or is it simply hidden somewhere else now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spiers69

hey all,

remember in itunes 6 how apple introduced little buttons below the search field that said, "artist" "name" "album", to filter your search? Well as far as i can tell they aren't in iTunes 7! In my opinion, this is a step backwards (though its other features make up for it).

Surely this must be a mistake? Why leave it out? Or is it simply hidden somewhere else now?

Filtered searches are as pre iTunes 5/6, which in my opinion is better. That is, cleack and hold the magnifine glass icon to select search filter.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spiers69

hey all,

I think the old way was left out because your media is all grouped now (Music, Movies, TV Shows etc on the left).

There are some hidden kind of sorting features. Try click in on the Album column header. It rotates through grouping options now (I don't think it use to do this.):

One click goes Album to Album descending

Two clicks goes Album descending to Album by Artist

Three clicks goes Album by Artist to Album by Year...

Im sure there are some others (maybe this is not new, but I have never noticed it before). If you do a search in the store on iTunes it does bring up the old sorting feature on the top - however it looks like web links (they are not tied into the interface like before).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ah thanks... the filtered search function was just hidden. I thought it odd that it wasn't there. Thanks again
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i hate how they mixed the music videos in with the regular mp3's. there should be a music video tab along with movies and podcast and all that. and i know theres a music video playlist but its not the samee.