Paintshop Pro ( The Poor Mans Photoshop) or Similar for OSX?

mjemje
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello, I'm a student on a tight budget and need some photo editing/creation software for my new TiBook (Running OSX). On my Old PC I used Paintshop Pro, it was Photoshop like program, but about 1/6th of the price. I have about 100 bucks to spend. I’d love to have Photoshop, but costs to much. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks you very much!

-MJE

:Edit: Spelling

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: MJE ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    um... adobe photoshop elements 2.0 for mac os x.

it's essentially photoshop without the features that most consumers don't need, and only $99 ($50 edu?)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    <a href="http://lemkesoft.com/us_gcabout.html"; target="_blank">Graphic Converter</a>

It can handle most Photoshop files, but lacks most high-end features. OTOH, it only costs $30.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Being a Photoshop guru I dislike GraphicConverter in the extreme...I keep it around in order to convert files and what not however (never registered).

I would jump for Photoshop Elements...Photoshop has a great interface IMO and Elements no doubt shares large portions of it.

Although I must admit I've never even tried it, no reason to.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    Thank all you guys alot! I was watching TechTV last night and they had a guy preview Photoshop Elements 2.0, on a TiBook, and it looks like the right thing for me. Plus, the 100 buck title is on Amazon for 29.99!!!!!!!!! Free shipping and free training dics. Its a great buy and perfect. Thank you guys again. You have all really helped with your suggestions.

-MJE

:Edit: Forgot to post the link

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006ANW9/ref=nosim/techtv-20/103-2167304-7708642"; target="_blank">Amazon's PE2 page.</a>

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: MJE ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    idogcowidogcow Posts: 111member
    Geez, I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness...

Use the Gimp! It's free!