Looking For Audio Software...suggestions?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm looking for audio software (hopefully for OS X) that is not amazingly hard but not like u'd get with a $20 keyboard ; ). So can i have any suggestions of software to download? (I will buy it, but I want to download it first to check it up...i'm not a warez puppy)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    <a href="http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/"; target="_blank">Digidesign ProTools Free</a>

This is a free version of the industry standard recording software. If you need to track audio or do light-weight midi, hands down the best software to use. They actually pack alot of stuff into the free version. Same UI and tools for the most part, 16-24 bit recording, 8 tracks of audio, and a handful of useful plugins.

So you can actually still stick with PT Free if it fits your needs of you can move up to Mbox, which is a USB box that carries in 2 channels of audio

, Digi001 which is a PCI card and a I/O box (great system),

and the brand new Digi002 which is firewire system and is a control surface as well.

All these systems are powered by ProTools LE which currently only runs in OS 9 (no classic, must boot in 9) but will run natively in X by this fall. There are programs like Logic and Cubase, but you absolutely cant go wrong with a protools system.

Enjoy!

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: Miami Craig ]</p>