Office Plants...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
My cubicle is driving me crazy. I want to put a couple plants in there, but I'm unsure of which ones to choose.

Does anyone know of any good inside/office plants? Small to medium would be preferred...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I would recommend artificial plants unless you're absolutely in need of a real plant. Plants have trouble if they're not near windows, and the (necessary) occaisional changing the potting soild is a little bit messy. Something you don't want to do in the office for sure.

If you're still dead-set on plants, just go to your favorite store that sells plants and look for one that clearly indicates that it does best in low light. Don't consider anything else. I'd also try to stick with plants with smaller leaves. For some reason, broad leaf plants seem to be more fragile. Something really hardy, like an "exotic" type of ivy, might be your best bet.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    What about potatoes? They do very well in low-light situations.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    spider plants can survive a nuclear holocaust.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

I would recommend artificial plants unless you're absolutely in need of a real plant. Plants have trouble if they're not near windows, and the (necessary) occaisional changing the potting soild is a little bit messy. Something you don't want to do in the office for sure.

I don't need a real plant, but it'd be nice to have a green thumb for once. Ivy huh? Sounds like a good start...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

What about potatoes? They do very well in low-light situations.

I hope you were joking...

The last thing I need to be called is "The Potato Farmer" at work.