Question about Adobe Apps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've used Adobe-Apps for +5years on Windows and recently tried some on OSX. I noticed, that layer-blending-modes and fonts can't be changed with the arrow-keys after selecting a particular one.

Example:

If you have a text-layer and change it to "times new roman", on windows you can press the arrow keys and it changes the font to the previous/next one, on OSX nothing happens. Is there some key-kombination required?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Which app are you using?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me

Which app are you using?

Photoshop CS2
  • Reply 3 of 5
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I use Photoshop CS2 on Mac and do that very thing.

Have you selected the text? I think I also click in the font selection window before using the arrow keys, otherwise they move the cursor through the text instead.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho

I use Photoshop CS2 on Mac and do that very thing.

Have you selected the text? I think I also click in the font selection window before using the arrow keys, otherwise they move the cursor through the text instead.

I'm not 100% but pretty sure I did, however I'll have to check it again when I come home. What arrow-keys are you using exaclty (top/bottom or left/right) and are you pressing any other keys before or at the same time?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    You can do both these things fairly easily.

To use the arrow keys to change the font, with the text tool active, click the font box in the menu bar and press up or down.

To change blending modes on the fly, with the move tool active use shift+ or shift-.