Will Aperture work on my Intel MacBook??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
just curious if it is possible to run Aperture on my new MacBook. i have the 2.0GHz, 2.0GB, 80GB BlackBook.

i have read online which models its compatable with but it doesnt seem to even list MacBook (even in the non-compatable list)

anyone currently running this on their MacBook?

is it possible?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by untsig

just curious if it is possible to run Aperture on my new MacBook. i have the 2.0GHz, 2.0GB, 80GB BlackBook.

i have read online which models its compatable with but it doesnt seem to even list MacBook (even in the non-compatable list)

I tried it on my wife's MacBook - no luck - problem is that the screen resolution is too small.

It does, however, run very well on my MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    what if you had the MacBook hooked to a bigger (say 19") monitor???

do you think it would work then?

or is the graphics card of the MacBook still not up to par w/ Aperture's requirements??
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by untsig

what if you had the MacBook hooked to a bigger (say 19") monitor???

do you think it would work then?

or is the graphics card of the MacBook still not up to par w/ Aperture's requirements??

MacBook has integrated Graphics. It WILL NOT work at all. Even if it did work, it would be far to slow to be productive. Anyways, if you don't belive me, download this to check:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....ureChecker.dmg
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Aperture runs on the Macbook. It is not a pleasant experience, but it runs. While I was "in between" my Powermac and my new Mac Pro, I used it a few times to access my library. Everything worked fine, but was slow as death. it does come up with a warning when you start it that the screen resolution is too small, but you just click ok and the program starts.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toadie

Aperture runs on the Macbook. It is not a pleasant experience, but it runs. While I was "in between" my Powermac and my new Mac Pro, I used it a few times to access my library. Everything worked fine, but was slow as death. it does come up with a warning when you start it that the screen resolution is too small, but you just click ok and the program starts.

Don't know how I missed the "OK" button in that dialog box, but you're right. Tried it again on the wifes' black MacBook and it works. But it's damn slow - I have about 40,000 photos, including around 5,000 8MB+ RAW images. Not really worth the effort.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Apple released Aperture 1.5 which now officially runs on Macbooks and Minis