Possible 1.6gz G4 spotting

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
RC5 testing with a possible 1.0 ghz and 1.6ghz G4.

<a href="http://www.insanely-great.com/news/01/1332.html"; target="_blank">here</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Unfortunately, this may mean these are THE two G4's equal to or over 1 GHz and this is how they're testing them.

Screed ...man, I'm a downer.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: sCreeD ]</p>
  • Reply 1 of 8
    It's pretty easy to spoof the distributed data bases, IIRC.

SdC
  • Reply 3 of 8
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Not sure what you mean, but they are 2 seperate machines. Also they have a quad 867.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    BTW, how would the RC5 software/servers report results from a G5?? Does it pull from the client computer or does is have to be written into the client software?

Screed
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>Not sure what you mean, but they are 2 seperate machines. Also they have a quad 867.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I meant that there are only two G4's in the whole of Cupertino that meet or exceed 1 GHz. (I was being a pessimist).

Secondly, realize there are "mutant" or one-off designs that never make it out of the engineering division.

Screed

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: sCreeD ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Hopefully these are shipping soon
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>Not sure what you mean, but they are 2 seperate machines. Also they have a quad 867.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, If MSNBC and Thinksecret are to be believed and Apple can't boost proc speeds it might make sense, something like

800 (or Dual 733)

Dual 867

Quad 867
  • Reply 8 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>Well, If MSNBC and Thinksecret are to be believed and Apple can't boost proc speeds..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yah...because MSNBC is totally unbiased with regards to technology products. I can't think of any reason why they would want to put a damper on current speculation or the attention Apple is getting.

What a farce.