The Jobs Presidency

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Just had a funny and frightening thought: Steve Jobs as president of the USA...what do you all think a US in the Jobs administration would look like?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Terrible actually.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    I doubt very much that Steve Jobs would be an effective President. Like George Bush, Jobs would bully his cabinet into submission. However, like Clinton, Jobs would probably be a workaholic.

The upside would be that Jobs would probably enact some major public works projects. They'd cost a fortune, but would employs thousands for long periods of time. And these projects would be the envy of the world.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    I can imagine the State of the Union address: "And there is one last thing..."

Demonstrating new weapons systems: "Boom. Boom, see isn't that cool? Boom."
  • Reply 4 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

"And this is really neat: we've managed to put 100 megatons of bunker busting ordinance into an eight inch cube"
  • Reply 5 of 19
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

"And this is really neat: we've managed to put 100 megatons of bunker busting ordinance into an eight inch cube"

Then he ends press conferences with John Mayer playing.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:

Too funny.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

• Reply 8 of 19
    SDW and Hassan agree on something???

HolyMcButterfly.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Yep, it's true

We are all humans who can actually laugh and have fun !

Thank God for that!

Now if the world can just catch up to we in this thread and get along

Fellows
  • Reply 10 of 19
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I think we should do a sort of phrase association Steve Jobs State of the Union Address.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman

I think we should do a sort of phrase association Steve Jobs State of the Union Address.

Nick

"OK, let's get started, we've got a lot of really cool things to talk about today. The State of the Union is: insanely great!

(Heavy applause and cheering from both sides of the aisle)
  • Reply 12 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    New drug plan: $0.99 perscribtions, 5 free refills...
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Someone's actually tried to put him in the running before. This is why this image is in existance:

• Reply 14 of 19
    We've got this really cool new app- er, I mean program - for Medicare: iCare. What is does is it diagnose your condition, automatically files a condition complaint form with the hospital, organizes your recuperation plan, orders your medicines, and it has iLife and iCal integration. iCare for iLife. Isn't that cool? And I thought that I would just give you a short demonstration...
  • Reply 15 of 19
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    "Now, we've seen a lot of pre-, er, subcription-based drug plans, but we think you should own the drugs you purchase instead of leasing them from the drug manufacturers."
  • Reply 16 of 19
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

HAHAHAHA.

My wife just said "One more thing. We've managed to shrink congress into a package the size of a stick of gum. It's just amazing. And here it is."
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Congress: the building, the people or the egos?

• Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

Congress: the building, the people or the egos?

The buildings, eh...maybe

People, have you seen the average congressperson O_O

egos, not in this life or the next

• Reply 19 of 19
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    As hilarious as the "boom" joke was, I don't see Jobs as a "let's go to war" kind of president. I think, instead, he'd be a hell of a diplomat and negotiator.