Date and Time

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have my time set so that Apple's server updates it automatically, and right now its telling me that it's 9:56AM when its actually 1:56 PM.

Is anyone else having this problem thanks and if anyone know how to fix it please let me know!!!

- iGrant

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

I have my time set so that Apple's server updates it automatically, and right now its telling me that it's 9:56AM when its actually 1:56 PM.

Is anyone else having this problem thanks and if anyone know how to fix it please let me know!!!

- iGrant

Is it set to the right timezone?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dac0nvu

Is it set to the right timezone?

yeah it is, I just double checked, the only thing I can think of is I just ran bootcamp and installed Windows, but why would that screw up the date and time?

*EDIT* I just manually entered the time, and then about 5 minutes later switched it back to us apple to get the time and it ok, so go figure . . . that was really odd. *EDIT*
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Hmmm, dunno. Although I wouldn't put anything past Windows...

I have zero experience with Bootcamp. Hopefully someone with this kind of experience can help you out.

Good luck \
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    I have had this problem for a long time too. The problem is actually on my G4 Mini running Panther 10.3.9. My Macbook running Tiger seems to be OK in spite of the fact that I had installed Bootcamp and Windows XP and then later removed both

Cheers.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I also had a problem with the time after installing Bootcamp. It started after I tried to change the system time from Windows (The Windows time was several hours ahead of OSX time). I think I just ended up changing the time back (to wrong) on Windows and just not caring that it is incorrect.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

- iGrant

Yes, this happens to me. It sometimes snaps back after like a solid minute, on my G5 it would correct itself in a few seconds after waking up. I have no idea why. (Mac Pro, 10.4.8)