Airport Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have two wireless routers in my house. One is a Apple Airport Extreme and the other is a d-Link. On my PowerMac G5 in the same location both worked fine, even when the wireless phone was on. Now with my Mac Pro, when the wireless phone is on, the Apple hub (in the middle of the house) shows up, the d-Link dissappears, and the interent does not work when connected to the Airport Extreme even tho the Airport Extreme is hardwired through an ethernet cable to the d-link. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    What model Dlink?

I had a DLink and had similar problems I have since got rid of it and now have just an airport express which does the job much better for me.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au

What model Dlink?

I had a DLink and had similar problems I have since got rid of it and now have just an airport express which does the job much better for me.

DI-524 I think. But it's still odd how the Apple Airport Extreme shows up, the default disappears, but even though the computer is connected to the Apple Airport extrme (which is hardwired to the d-link via ethernet cable), the internet is dropped.