ichat problem with aim

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, so I just configured my new imac to our wireless router and tried to start up ichat for the first time and it will not connect. It just keeps saying "lost connection with aim" or "service ended unexpectedly" ....everything is set to aim and not .mac and the screen name and password are correct.

Anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    It could actually be an issue with the AIM network in your area-- keep trying. For me, the connection comes back on its own. I'm guessing that your internet connection works fine?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Internet is working great. I know aim has its issues. But if I download the stand alone mac aim and try to sign on it works like a champ.

Really frustrating.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    The fix!!!!!!!!

Go to Ichat/preferences

click on accounts, then click on server settings

Then put in 443 as the Port.

Done

don't check connect using proxy.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingEdward View Post

The fix!!!!!!!!

Go to Ichat/preferences

Done

THANKS KIngEdward that really helped me out!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    hi_qhi_q Posts: 31member
    Hopefully with this fix I can stay online longer than randomly disconnecting. Hate it when I go off and return and IM disconnected. I always set my aways so I can remain in touch, so now we will see if this works. Thanks as well.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingEdward View Post

The fix!!!!!!!!

Go to Ichat/preferences

Done

I have the same problem with disconnecting all the time, but it happens with iChat and MSN Messenger. Can I use the same port for both?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    hi_qhi_q Posts: 31member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hi_Q View Post

Hopefully with this fix I can stay online longer than randomly disconnecting. Hate it when I go off and return and IM disconnected. I always set my aways so I can remain in touch, so now we will see if this works. Thanks as well.

Never quoted myself before - lol but the fix didnt work for me. I keep getting booted at random times. I guess I can try AIM itself instead of iChat. WIll keep you posted.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Adium is the boss.

Like Tony Danza.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Hello, I have been using ichat (g'talk) since more than 3 months on my MacBook OsX. All those times i wasn't having a single problem to login and chat, and it would remain connected for however long i wanted. But recently, since this week started, suddenly it's starting to give problems. Moment i log online, hardly 30 seconds later after logging, it gets disconnected unexpectedly. The warning comes "Unexpected hangup". I checked my internet connection and checked everything, nothing seems to be wrong. All my programs work normally online. I am unable to stay connected for more than 30 seconds to 1 minute. Can you help me out with this please? I really need to use my ichat. And if possible, can you teach me how to use the Video chat also? Thank you very much. Hope to get a response to my help soon. Thank you.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    My ichat does the same thing, boots me off all the time.

=[ really disapointing.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    the same thing happens to my friends computer. apparently it will take a long time to load, then will stay on for like 15-60 seconds, then boot her off. it is really annoying. how do i fix it?